Thursday, June 11, 2015

Leftovers are better the second time around!

Well, I haven't been on here in quite a while. Alot of things have been going on but I'm going to try to get to as much as possible. Since I was last here, I lost my job and been a stay at home wife and grandmother. Loving all my time with my sweet, precious grandsons. What could be better? But with extra time on my hands, and trying to be creative and save money on groceries, I am trying to come up with some new ideas for creations with leftovers. 

Now Pork Chops are my favorite meat on the entire planet. Whether they are fried, barbecued, ground into burgers (delicious) or one of my favorites, a southern thing, SMOTHERED! That simply means we lightly brown the meat, sautee veggies, add a little broth and simmer away. With a few simple ingredients you have 2 meals in one.



As you can see, my Smothered Pork Chops are full of onions, peppers, gravy, all kinds of deliciousness. But if you are like us, only 2 people to feed and having 4 pork chops, you will have leftovers. No need to throw away this pot of deliciousness or not look forward to having the same meal again. Turn your leftovers into Smothered Pork Chop Soup.




I started with a few diced potatoes, carrots, onions and celery. Then I added the leftover pork chops along with the delicious broth and peppers, added a little more broth until I achieved the desired consistency and let it simmer 40-45 mins. Serve with cornbread and  you have a meal that you will think was created from scratch, not leftovers.

So don't throw away leftovers. Create something delicious. It's even better the second time around.
And, you get to save money by using your leftovers up instead of throwing them away.

I hope you enjoy my post. Please leave me a message and let me know what you think.



No comments:

Post a Comment